Community Consultation for DECP Business Case
We plan to phase in these projects over the next 10 years. The timelines below are approximate and will depend on community involvement and support.
Projects in Progress
• Site Infrastructure
• Community garden
• Sustainable Indigenous Agriculture (UoM research)
• African Gardening
• Climate change adaptation
• Share, swap and sell produce
• Community workshops, events and recreation
• Continue Site infrastructure
• Expand Gardening projects
• Urban Market Garden
• Farm House restoration
• Community Museum
• Revegetation and Wildlife Habitat Planting
• Research, Training and Science
• Workshops and training
• Community gathering activities
Future Plans 2024-2030
• Expand ongoing projects
• Heritage Orchard
• Food forest
• Quiet Contemplation Space
• Children’s Natural Play Space
• Develop new projects, partnerships and collaborations
Frankston & surrounding community
Frankston City Council,
University of Melbourne,
State + Federal Governments
Belvedere Community Centre
Port Phillip Westernport Catchment Management Authority
Permatil -East Timor
Stakeholders & Supporters
Frankston Environment Friends Network
Frankston Food Access Network
Friends of Edithvale & Seaford Wetlands
Patterson River Secondary College
Edithvale Green Grocer
New Harvest Seaford
Afri Aus Care
We love to collaborate. This consultation is another opportunity to collaborate with us on the next steps in our exciting project.
Ways we might support your projects include; being a venue for your events and activities, collaborating, cross-promotion, networking and combined grant-seeking.
Please bring your energy and ideas to the survey, and stay in touch.
Mutual Support and Collaboration
Thank you for getting involved in Down's Community Farm (DECP) and participating in our survey. We look forward to seeing you at the farm as we cultivate our ideas together.
Community Consultation Survey
Thank you, it's been exciting and energising to receive your ideas and support.